Statement of Faith
1. The Bible consists of the 66 books of the Old and New Testaments, is the inspired word of God and truthful in all that it affirms. It is the final authority for Christian faith and practice.
2. There is one true God who eternally exists as three persons: The Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit. Distinct in relationship, the three persons of the trinity are fully God and are one in essence and purpose. God has revealed Himself to be the infinite personal Creator, who is sovereign over all things.
3. Jesus Christ is God’s eternal Son. Being both fully God and fully man; He was born of a virgin, lived a sinless life, died as an atoning sacrifice for the sins of all mankind, rose bodily from the dead and ascended into heaven to prepare a place for believers and to intercede on their behalf.
4. Mankind was originally created in God’s image but being tempted by Satan, chose to sin and rebel against God. As a result of this fallen condition, God’s image has been marred and all men and women are born separated from God and in need of salvation. Through repentance and faith in Jesus Christ’s finished work on the
cross, we are forgiven our sins, reborn by the Holy Spirit and restored into fellowship with God.
5. The Holy Spirit persuades us to repent of our sins and confess Jesus
Christ as Lord. He lives in us, teaches us, equips us with spiritual gifts for effective ministry and empowers us to live, grow, and serve in obedience to God.
6. The Church is the living Body of Christ on earth and comprised of all true believers in Jesus Christ. He is the head and source of the Church’s life, which exists to glorify God. The Church fulfills its mission by celebrating the glory and goodness of God, cultivating personal growth in Christ, caring about one another in biblical community and communicating the gospel in word and action to the world.
7. Jesus Christ will physically return to earth to establish his eternal
kingdom. He will judge the world, reward the saints and rule for all eternity. This is the blessed hope of the Church and its encouragement for perseverance in faith and ministry. Those who have been reborn in Christ will live with Him forever.
1. We believe that children are heavenly gifts from God.
2. We believe that each child is unique and has special gifts and talents.
3. We know that children love to learn and learn best by “doing”.
4. We know that children thrive and grow through meaningful praise.
5. We know that children like consistency and knowing what comes next.
6. We believe that the children and their families who become part of our school program have been guided by God to have a mutually beneficial experience.
Our school curriculum is based on our beliefs, therefore we commit to:
1. Cherishing each child and his or her family.
2.Getting to know each child individually and devising a curriculum plan in which each child can “shine”.
3. Giving each child lots of time to explore and discover how things work through hands on experience.
4. Giving each child meaningful praise for “trying,” for making good choices, and for being a good friend.
5. Having a consistent daily and weekly schedule to help your child feel safe and secure.
6. Always keeping Christ at the center of our lives, our workplace, and our interactions with our school families and allowing Christ to guide and direct our ministry here at Mission Lutheran.
Mission Lutheran Preschool and Kindergarten provides an opportunity for your child to interact with other children in a Christ centered environment. We offer a program designed to enhance their physical, mental, emotional and spiritual growth. Primary areas of development and creativity stressed in our program include motor skills, art, music, math, reading readiness and dramatic play. Our goal is to create an attitude of loving acceptance in which all children will learn to like themselves and recognize their uniqueness as one of God’s children.